Paper Title: Persuasive Paper Part 2: Solution and Advantages
Using the Peer Review Feedback Form (see attached), revise Part 1 and develop the solution and identify the advantages of the solution.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
Provide Part I: Revision of A Problem Exists (3-4 pages)
1. Revise, using the Peer Review Feedback Form (see attached), the Persuasive Paper Part I: A Problem Exists (see attached).
Develop Part 2: Solution to Problem and Advantages (3-4 pages for 6-8 pages total)
2. Include a defensible, relevant thesis statement clearly in the first paragraph. (The thesis statement may need to be modified to reflect added information and purpose of this part.)
3. Explain a detailed, viable solution that supports your thesis. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
4. State, explain, and support the first advantage (economic, social, political, environmental, social, equitable, ethical/moral, etc.) to your solution. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
5. State, explain, and support the second advantage (economic, social, political, environmental, social, equitable, ethical/moral, etc.) to your solution. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
6. State, explain, and support the third (and fourth if desired) advantage (economic, social, political, environmental, social, equitable, ethical/moral, etc.) to your solution. This should be one or two (1-2) paragraphs.
7. Use effective transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
8. Provide a concluding paragraph / transitional paragraph that summarizes the proposed solution and its advantages.
9. Develop a coherently structured paper with an introduction, body, and conclusion.
10. Use one (1) or more rhetorical strategies (ethos, logos, pathos) to explain advantages.
11. Support advantage claims with at least 4 – 5 additional quality relevant references. Use at least six (6) total for Parts 1 and 2. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting guidelines:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Recognize the elements and correct use of a thesis statement.
- Recognize the use of summary, paraphrasing, and quotation to communicate the main points of a text.
- Analyze the rhetorical strategies of ethos, pathos, logos in writing samples and for incorporation into essays or presentations.
- Correct grammatical and stylistic errors consistent with Standard Written English.
- Prepare a research project that supports an argument with structure and format appropriate to the genre.
- Revise drafts to improve clarity, support, and organization. Recognize how to organize ideas with transitional words, phrases, and sentences.
- Incorporate relevant, properly documented sources to substantiate ideas.
- Write clearly and concisely about selected topics using proper writing mechanics.
- Use technology and information resources to research selected issues for this course.