Part I of your Strategic Plan – Organizational Structure is due for Week 2.
The key to all assignments is to follow the guidelines as set forth in the course syllabus. Of course, the textbook(s) are always primary sources for developing the assignments and one of them is to be used in this assignment (See the Instructor Policies).
Note – you are not to write about a strategic plan (as an essay); you will use some of the information you created in Parts I,II, and III, and actually compile a Final Strategic Plan.
- Read the Strategic Plan Overview. This is a multi-week assignment that has five components. Please follow the syllabus instructions, and use the textbooks as your primary sources. Note that at least one of the textbooks should be used as a reference (per Instructor Policies). You are sure to do well on this assignment if you address each major bullet in the instructions. Each major bullet point should be a “Level One Heading” – which is centered on the page. The indented bullet points should be addressed as an expanded discussion on the topic.
- Be sure to adhere to the word count (1,400 to 1,750 words) – conciseness is important.
By definition, a strategic plan is designed to be used for 3 to 5 years or more. For your individual Strategic Plan project, you will write a strategic plan using the following outline. You may choose a health care organization you would like to focus on or develop a new health care business. Choose something you are passionate about and may implement in the future. It is recommended that if you choose to work with an existing organization that you add a new program or project to your plan. Suggestions for appropriate new projects include a new program or service for an existing organization, a new product line for an existing business, a new joint venture or acquisition, a new health care payer model for a state, or a new health care business.
Read the entire document. This is a multi-week assignment that has five components:
- Part I: The Organizational Structure (Week Two)
- Part II: Environmental Analysis (Week Three)
- Part III: Financial Planning (Week Four)
- Part IV: Implementation (Week Six)
- Part V: Evaluation and control (Week Six)
Select a health care organization you would like to focus on.(You can pick the organization)
Research your chosen organization’s governing structure.
Follow the below instructions:
Write a 1,400- to 1,750-word report on your findings that address the following:
- Identify the organization’s mission, vision, and key values.
- Analyze the framework of a strategic plan.
- Describe the strategic planning model your chosen organization uses.
- Evaluate the relationship between the strategic plan and your organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Describe the organizational structure of your chosen organization.
- Identify the current key leaders in your chosen organization and describe their roles.
- Describe the change management model your chosen organization uses.
- Evaluate the impact of governance on implementation of strategic goals.
- Consider the role of the Board of Directors on formation of strategic goals.
- Analyze the organization’s major service delivery and support activities in its value chain. At a minimum, include the following:
- Target market
- Programs and services
- Clinical operations
- Organizational culture
- Strategic resources
- Analyze how the organization uses its value chain to implement its strategic plan.
Cite at least 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar resources to support your information. At least one of them should be one of the course’s textbooks. (Ginter, P.M., Duncan, W.J., Swayne, L.E. (2013). Strategic management of health care organizations (7th ed). Hoboken, NJ: Wiley & Sons
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.