New And Prompting Case Study Apples IPhones
1. What is meant by the globalization of human capital? Is this inevitable as firms increase their global operations?
2. How does this case illustrate the threats and opportunities facing global companies in developing their strategies?
3. Comment on the Apple executive’s assertion that the company’s only obligation is making the best product possible. “ We don’t have an obligation to solve America’s problems.”
4. Who are the stakeholders in this situation and what, if any, obligations do they have?
5. How much extra are you prepared to pay for an iPhone if assembled in the United States?
6. How much extra are you prepared to pay for an iPhone assembled in China but under better labor conditions or pay? What kind of trade- off would you make?
7. To what extent do you think the negative media coverage has affected Apple’s recent decision to ask the FLA to do an independent assessment and the subsequent decision by Foxconn to raise some salaries? What do you think will happen now?
Complete your answers in a Microsoft Word Document and submit your case study to the Assignment 1 assignment area – Minimum 2 pages, Calibri 11 point, double spaced.