New And Precise Pollution Prevention Essay
Address both of the following writing prompts. Your responses to both of your chosen prompts should be at least 500 words each. No title page is needed, but be sure to indicate which writing prompts you are addressing at the top of each response. Each response needs its own reference page.
Writing Prompts (respond to both):
- Review the Reading Assignment titled as “Designing a Low-Cost Pollution Prevention Plan to Pay Off at the University of Houston” by Bialowas, Sullivan, and Schneller. In your review, describe:
- why the university developed a P2 plan,
- the process of bulking hazardous wastes, fume hood modifications, and cost savings,
- silver recovery and cost savings,
- oil reclamation plan and cost savings, and
- your overall thoughts about the university’s P2 program.
- Review the Reading Assignment titled as “Effectiveness of State Pollution Prevention Programs and Policies” by Donna Harrington. In your review, describe:
- the three objectives of the study,
- the Toxic Releases Inventory (TRI) and its impact on P2,
- the empirical model (framework) used in the study,
- costs of P2 programs, and
- the article’s conclusions and your thoughts about the conclusions.