New And Precise Approaches To Environmental Issues
Approaches to Environmental Issues
To prepare for this Assignment
- Review Chapter 11 in the course textInternational Organizations: The Politics and Processes of Global Governance. Pay attention specifically to the approaches IGOs and NGOs use to address environmental issues.
- Review Chapter 10 in the course textControversies in Globalization: Contending Approaches to International Relations.Consider how governments around the world are approaching environmental issues such as climate change.
- Search the Internet for international organizations (IGOs and NGOs) that address environmental issues of interest to you.
- Select one international organization (e.g., World Wildlife Federation, Greenpeace, Sierra Club, or Rainforest Alliance) to use for this discussion.
- Think about approaches that the selected international organization uses to address environmental issues.
- Select one approach and consider strengths and limitations of the approach.
- Think about an alternative approach you might take to address the environmental issue.
The Assignment 1.5 pages must include:
1.A brief description of the international organization and the approach you selected
2. Explain one strength and one limitation of using the selected approach to address an environmental issue of interest to you.
3. Explain a different approach you might take to address the environmental issue. Be specific and use examples to illustrate your points.
Cite all resources used in APA format.