**Select a high-risk family type; for example, homelessness, family violence, teen pregnancy, suicidal ideation, or with drug or alcohol abuse issues.
**Obtain an article or articles on common health problems and mortality data for a specific high-risk family type either from the Electronic Reserve Readings or from the University Library. The article or articles need to include information on common health issues among members or families from this high-risk group.
**Visit the Healthy People 2010 website to find four health promotion and disease prevention objectives applicable to the specific high-risk family group.
**Write a 1,700-word paper that includes:
- A summary of the health profile of the specific high-risk family group, with explanation of the high-risk condition and associated behaviors or patterns
- Describe assessment of the family type you selected with use of applicable theories.
- Identify applicable Healthy People 2010 objectives for one of the health problems common to this high-risk group.
- Describe nursing intervention strategies applicable to this family situation based on health promotion: health belief models, family theory, and analysis of family function that are supported by literature or research.
- Describe the role of the advanced practice nurse as a case manager in this type of nursing situation.
- This paper requires a minimum of six (6) references.