Movies can be powerful in shaping our perceptions and attitudes about culture and society. Select one movie from the list and watch it, you may want to take notes while watching. Think about the themes that have been discussed in class and how the movie connects with what you are learning.
In Defense of Food (2012)
Fed Up (2014)
Forks Over Knives (2011)
Sugar Coated (2015)
**All available on You Tube, Amazon, or movie website.
After watching the movie, follow the guideline provided to organize the movie review write-up.
Paper must be typed and double spaced using a 12 point, easily readable font.
Heading of Paper:
- Movie title, year released
- Your name, Health 11
Introduction Paragraph – 5 points
- Brief introduction to the movie.
- Movie’s theme and purpose.
- Why did you pick this movie?
Main – 10 points
- Identify and discuss at least 3 concepts from class that you observed in the movie. Describe an example from the movie that demonstrates each of the concepts that you have selected. This might include: motivation, behavior modification, mind-body connection, wellness, link of chronic disease to nutrition and physical activity, health care consumers, food psychology.
- If you were put in charge of improving the “health” of the United States, with an unlimited budget, where would you start? What would be the top 3 areas of concern that you would address first?
Conclusion – 3 points
- What is your overall response to the movie? Did you find it interesting, moving, dull? Why?
- Who do you suggest this movie would benefit?
Formatting – 2 points
- Spelling and grammar count.
- Write in a logical and coherent manner; it should be easy to read.
- Proofread it before turning it in.
- Include references if you take any material directly from a source.
Worth up to a possible 20 points of extra credit.