Watch the “Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy” video located in this week’s Electronic Reserve Readings. You do not need to watch the entire video. At a minimum, watch from the 33-minute mark until the 70-minute mark, for a total of 37 minutes.
Write a 1,400- to 2,100-word paper about information-giving responses and the characteristics of interview phases.
Include examples from the video that demonstratethe following topics:
· Nonverbal and verbal skills of counselor
· Did certain questions or comments create a change in nonverbal or verbal actions for the clients?
· What open- and closed-ended questions did the counselor use?
· What techniques did the counselor use to paraphrase and summarize the words of the clients? Was this effective?
· How did the counselor apply the information-giving responses?
· Identify the exploration, clarification, and action stages of the interview.
· What are examples of reflective feeling?
· How did the counselor encourage the clients to self-disclose? Was she successful?
· Provide your thoughts on the overall interview structure. Was it a comfortable setting? How could it be improved?
Format the paper consistent with APA guidelines.