Culture and Individual Differences, psychology assignment help
Answer the following questions (200 word min)
1. What is the link between physical health and social factors? How is this explained by the biopsychosocial model?
2. Choose a health outcome (such as obesity or other disease). Adopting a biopsychosocial perspective, identify and describe biological, psychological, and social factors that may contribute to the development of the health outcome.
3. We discussed three indicators of health that have been studied worldwide–infant morality, life expectancy, and subjective well- being. What other indicators do you think are important for assessing a country’s health and well-being? How would you measure it?
4. Are indigenous personalities really indigenous? For example, the Japanese culture includes the concept of amae. Do you think that amae also exists in other cultures, at least in terms of behaviors or mental processes? How would you go about showing that?
5. When there is an obstacle to your goal, how do you prefer to deal with it? Head on? Go around it? People of other cultures may prefer a different way of dealing with such obstacles. How will you manage when you have to work with others with vastly different perspectives on how to deal with problems?