you will provide a general overview of the areas of health, safety, and nutrition as they relate to child development. Choose and explain your focus area within health, safety, or nutrition (e.g. food allergies). You will describe your topic by sharing specific details from resources supplied by the course (e-book or lecture notes) or additional resources. Then you will express why this topic is important to you and how it will benefit the children’s development. Remember, your end product will be a lesson educating parents about your topic.Pic one of these not all them to write on. (health,or safety, or nutrition (e.g. food allergies)
How to write your essay: am writing on a Headstart class
- Introduction paragraph
- Introduce yourself, your role in early childhood education and share the purpose of your essay.
- Transition into your next section where you discuss important details about the overall topic of health, safety and nutrition. Be specific and describe each area.
- Content Paragraphs
- Identify which topic you decided to focus on and explain why.
- Clearly identify one topic from within the categories of health, safety, or nutrition.
- Include details provided by supporting resources such as course textbook, lecture notes etc.
- Include in-text citations where needed.
- Express why you chose to focus on this particular topic.
- Share the benefits of the information you provide and how it will affect the child’s overall development
- List each developmental domain (Physical, Intellectual, Language, Emotional and Social), and how it is incorporated within the child’s health, safety, or nutrition.
- Demonstrate how you will educate families about children’s growth and learning specifically related to your topic.
- Conclusion Paragraph
- Summarize your overall essay of choosing and explaining your topic.
- Wrap it up by communicating your role as the child’s advocate in promoting positive health, safety, and nutrition.
Submit your essay as a Word document:
- Must be at least 2 pages
- Typed, Double Spaced