Prepare a 1,050- to 1,500-word paper on ( Antisocial Personality Disorder) that discusses research-based interventions to treat psychopathology.
Review and differentiate the characteristics of the selected disorder and discuss the research about intervention strategies for the disorder by completing the following:
- Evaluate three peer reviewed research studies using the University of Phoenix Material: Research Analysis.
- Conceptualize the disorder using the biopsychosocial or diathesis-stress models.
- Discuss the treatments or interventions that have been shown to be the most effective for your selected disorder. Why?
Cite at least three peer-reviewed sources for the first objective and one each for the second and third objectives. These five peer-reviewed sources should not be repeated in the paper.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
How to write about research studies.
· When writing about a research study make sure to:
1. Tell the reader the purpose of the study. What is it they are studying? The effectiveness of a medication or a therapy?
2. Tell the reader how they conducted their study. Was it a control group study where one group received the medication/therapy intervention (experimental group) and another received no treatment or treatment as usual (control group). Was it a meta-analysis study where the researchers evaluated the outcomes of several studies?
3. How many participants in each group?
4. What were the outcomes in raw numbers. Please do not report “the findings were or were not significant.” Tell the reader the specifics about the differences between groups.
When describing the etiology of a particular disorder using the bio-psycho-social model tell the reader how all three interact to produce the disorder. The truth is the diathesis-stress model is much easier to describe in this fashion.
Case studies are not appropriate for these assignments.
If you are uncertain whether or not you are following these guidelines – ask me.
The majority of the papers for this course ask you to describe research and to report on how the disorder develops using the bio-psycho-social or diathesis-stress model.