https://payessaywriter.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/pewlogo-300x60.png 0 0 developer https://payessaywriter.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/pewlogo-300x60.png developer2023-03-01 01:02:232023-03-01 01:02:23America’s Engagement post Vietnam War, history homework help
America’s Engagement post Vietnam War, history homework help
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Need an answer from similar question? You have just landed to the most confidential, trustful essay writing service to order the paper from.
Place an order at payessaywriter.com for guaranteed high grades.
Write a five-page paper discussing America’s global engagement in and after the Vietnam War era.
Discuss the lasting impact of the Vietnam era on foreign policy.By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Discuss America’s post-Vietnam global security role.
- Describe the effect of the Vietnam War on the American psyche.
- Discuss how the Vietnam War affected America’s military engagements.
- Discuss Nixon’s decision to engage China.
- Discuss America’s changing geopolitical focus.
- McCoy, E. R. (2013). Stalemate or cultural crossroad?: Exploring U.S. “systems” during the Vietnam War. Interdisciplinary Humanities, 30(2), 100–110.
- Schroth, R. A. (2013). America at war. America, 208(10), 12–16.
- Ross, M. (2013). Generation apocalypse now: The Vietnam War’s cultural legacy in the global war on terror. Journal of American Culture, 36(4), 342–352.
- Herring, G. C. (2014). America’s longest war: The United States and Vietnam, 1950–1975 (5th ed.). New York, NY: McGraw Hill.
- Chapter 2, “Our Offspring: Nation Building in South Vietnam, 1954–1961.”
- Chapter 4, “Enough, But Not Too Much: Johnson’s Decisions for War, 1963–1965.”
- Pages 177–195 and 208–223 of Chapter 5, “On the Tiger’s Back: The United States at War, 1965–1967.”
- Keene, J. D., Cornell, S. T., & O’Donnell, E. T. (2013). Visions of America: A history of the United States (2nd ed.). Boston, MA: Pearson.
- Chapter 19, “Imperial America: The United States in the World.”
- Chapter 26, “A Nation Divided: The Vietnam War, 1945–1975.”
- Did America become the “world’s policeman” after the Vietnam War? Provide examples.
- Describe the consequences of the Vietnam War’s outcome on the nation’s self-confidence and self-image. How was this manifested in our foreign policy?
- Investigate how the Vietnam War affected America’s decisions to enter into future military engagements in Iraq and Afghanistan. Were there engagements that America avoided because of our Vietnam experience?
- Examine the Vietnam War’s impact on Nixon’s decision to engage China.
- How did the America’s geopolitical focus change as a result of the Vietnam War?
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Minimum of one peer-reviewed resource.
- Length of paper: Five typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.